At Cockton Hill Infants School, our vision is to be school that:
- Is a happy, busy place where everyone feels welcome
- Has a clear focus on all children reaching their full potential
- Promotes a safe, nurturing environment that enables children to take risks, make decisions, ask questions and be independent
- Views every opportunity as a learning opportunity
- Provides a stimulating environment for enquiring minds
- Recognises that learning is not confined to the classroom
- Values the process of learning, not just the outcome
- Actively teaches learning ’behaviours’
- Promotes the well-being of each individual and of the whole child and provides opportunities to excel beyond the core curriculum
- Has high expectations of behaviour and safety for all
- Promotes inclusion and finds ways to overcome all barriers to learning
- Is at the heart of the community and sustains strong, meaningful relationships with parents, carers, governors and other partners
- Fosters a culture of challenge, support and mutual respect
- Recognises everyone as learners who continually strive to improve themselves
Our whole school community have shared vision and values, everyone’s contribution is appreciated and acknowledged. We strive every day to make this vision a reality.
In our school you can:
- Hear happy children absorbed in their learning
- See staff who are reassured by leaders’ understanding and support for their emotional well-being and work/life balance.
- Appreciate that kindness is valued and acknowledged, and children develop compassion and empathy towards all.
- Watch as children display a range of learning behaviours showing resilience, imagination, problem solving skills and the ability to make links in their learning
- See the stimulating learning environment in which children are challenged and can access their learning with confidence and independence
- See how learning extends beyond the classroom, to embrace the outdoors and wider community.
- Celebrate success at every level, as all learners discover and develop their own interests, potential and individuality.
- Watch as children enjoy the challenge of new experiences, pose questions and solve problems.
- Experience the creative breadth of an exciting curriculum with independent learners who think creatively and enjoy the challenge of enquiry-based learning.
- Appreciate how the needs, interests and talents of all, are valued and supported.
- See excellent, self-regulated behaviour, as learners assume responsibility for making choices and consider how their actions affect others.
- Notice how quickly barriers to learning are identified and everyone works together to overcome them
- Become aware of the strong relationships between adults and children
- Hear staff engaging in professional dialogue, supporting and challenging their colleagues
- Enjoy the excellent relationships between school, parents, Governors and the wider community, in which all viewpoints are valued and considered.
- Notice the links made with other schools and networks that enable us to be at the forefront of good practice.
- Have a warm welcome from everyone you meet here at Cockton Hill Infants School.