At Cockton Hill Infants’ School we actively seek the involvement of parents and carers and other bodies to educate and meet the needs of children with SEN including external agencies and initiatives. The professionals within these agencies offer a wealth of knowledge and expertise for us to draw upon and ensure we meet the needs of all SEND children, no matter how complex.
Each year children with a wide range of SEND attend our school and we continually strive to cater for their unique needs and ensure they develop a range of skill during their time with us. As a result we have built relationships with a large network of external agencies to consult with and offer support to children and staff respectively. Below is a list of the types of agencies we work with regularly. If you would like further details about any of these, please contact us.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Support Group
- Behaviour Support Services
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Occupational Health service
- One Point Children’s Service
- Physiotherapy service
- School Nurse Service
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Speech and Language Therapy
- The Service for the Hearing Impaired
- The Service for the Visually Impaired
- Tree Tops Occupational Therapy
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.