At Cockton Hill Infants’ School we believe that community links are essential in the growth, development and wellbeing of all our pupils. Links with our local community help us to build relationship with groups and individuals who will provide positive role models for our children.
- We support local charities such as the Angel Trust and Woodhouse Close Food Bank.
- Children attend church for Harvest Festival and EYFS children attend church for a mock wedding service.
- We host many student placements for work experience and these are usually former pupils.
- To honour the soldiers who died at war we work with the ‘Armed Forces Support’ shop in our town centre and produce a window display for Remembrance Day.
- We hold a ‘Parent and Toddler’ group every Friday afternoon for the parents/carers in our community. This is a welcoming and friendly group providing opportunity for young children to mix with other children in a safe environment.
- We attend our local care homes, hospital and supermarkets to sing carols at Christmas time.
- Children attend our local comprehensive school to develop skills in games/sport.
- Year 2 children visit their local library fortnightly.
- As part of our values we encourage our children to look after and respect the local area.